About Shree Hari Yoga School
At Shree Hari Yoga School, you will experience a holistic training in all aspects of yoga, from yoga asana to philosophy. We aim to guide you as you deepen your practice, develop your confidence and feel the transforming effects the yogic lifestyle can bring.
Shree Hari Yoga School was founded by Hari Pawali who began his yogic path at the age of 16. Hariji is passionate about sharing the knowledge he has gained on his Yogic path with his students. Learn more about Hariji in the ‘Our Teachers’ section.
Our centres are in the mystic Himalayas of Dharamshala and the coconut groves and beaches of Gokarna, India and Koh Chang, Thailand.
We offer Teacher Training Courses, Yoga Retreats and Drop-In Classes.
Why Shree Hari Yoga ?
Regular yoga practice has many long-term therapeutic benefits. Physically, it strengthens the immune system, fortifies muscles and joints in the body and prevents diseases. Psychologically, negative effects of a modern lifestyle, such as anxiety and depression, can be prevented, reduced or even healed. With the increased awareness and clarity that yoga brings, your day-to-day life (and as a consequence, those you share it with) can be positively transformed.
For any level, we aim to provide you with the tools for you to develop your own yoga practice, enjoying and sharing the benefits of the philosophy for years to come.
- TRADITIONAL HATHA:In Hatha Yoga Pradipika, Swatmarama introduces his system as preparatory stage for physical purification that the body practices for higher meditation or Yoga. It is based on asanas (postures) and pranayama (breathing techniques).
- ASHTANGA:Ashtanga yoga is a system of yoga recorded by the sage Vamana Rishi in the Yoga Korunta, an ancient manuscript “said to contain lists of many different groupings of asanas, as well as highly original teachings on vinyasa, drishti, bandhas, mudras, and philosophy”. This dynamic, physically demanding practice synchronizes breath and movement to produce an internal heat designed to purify the body. Ashtanga yoga, with its many vinyasas, is great for building core strength and toning the body.
- VINYASA FLOW:Vinyasa means “breath-synchronized movement,” and Vinyasa yoga is a series of poses that will move you through the power of inhaling and exhaling. Vinyasa movements are smoothly flowing and almost dance-like, which explains why it is sometimes referred to as Vinyasa Flow or just Flow.
- THERAPEUTIC YOGA:Therapeutic Yoga blends restorative yoga (supported postures), gentle yoga, breathwork, hands-on healing, and guided meditation techniques combined in such a way that it is an excellent choice for those who need something gentle yet effective for bringing the body into balance and reducing stress.At each school we offer daily drop in yoga and meditation classes available mainly in English but some classes are available in Hebrew. Follow our Facebook page for updates of one off classes with special teachers who are visiting the school. To learn more about out Yoga Teachers who offer the drop in classes see below. Teachers at Shree Hari Yoga School pay special attention to the posture of the students as they do their asanas. Guru Hari himself inspects the progress of every student and identifies the right time when a student is ready for more complex asanas and excelling to the next level within yoga. Students interested in getting to know the philosophical aspect of yoga can do so in special sessions held by Guru Hari
- IYANGAR YOGA:By paying close attention to anatomical details and the alignment of each posture, Iyengar Yoga is the practice of precision. Poses are held for long periods and often modified with props. This method is designed to systematically cultivate strength, flexibility, stability, and awareness, and can be therapeutic for specific conditions. B.K.S. Iyengar founded Iyengar Yoga.
Shree Hari Yoga Activities
By closely observing the lifestyles and needs of people in the Shree Hari Yoga the ancient wisdom of yoga into basic principles that could easily be incorporated into one’s own lifestyle to provide the foundation for healthy living. It is around these principles that the activities at the Shree Hari Yoga Centre are based.
- Open House – a free introduction to yoga
- Advanced Yoga Class.
- Pensioners Yoga Class.
- Pregnancy Yoga Class.
- Children’s Yoga Class.
- Beginners’ Yoga Courses.
- Intermediate Yoga Courses.
- Advanced Yoga Courses.
- Meditation and Yoga Philosophy Courses.
- Satsang – group meditation, chanting and talk on the philosophy of yoga.
- Saturday Workshops including Positive Thinking, Prana the Vital Energy,
Finding Purpose in Life, Mantra and Kirtan (chanting) plus others.
- Special Programmes with guest speakers.
ITS YOGA 0’CLOCK
The program offers a strong foundation in traditional Hatha Yoga, Ashtanga Yoga and Vinyasa Flow Yoga, concentrating on the correct alignments of the postures. While your course you practice traditional Hatha Yoga in the morning time and take part at Ashtanga Led Classes in the afternoon. Your teacher will guide you through the full Primary Series with modifications. While your practice your teacher will constantly check your alignments, help you to deepen the postures and, if appropriate, adjust you in the postures.
The course syllabus follows Yoga Alliance standards, and includes learning the asanas of the Ashtanga Vinyasa Primary Series with an emphasis on how to teach in an injury free way to all age groups. This course will also have elements of therapeutic yoga as devised by MR. BKS Iyengar.
- Proper Exercise(Asanas) – acts as a lubricating routine for the joints and muscles and other parts of the body by increasing circulation and flexibility. The asanas not only produce physical benefits, but are also mental exercises in concentration and meditation, promoting optimum good health.
- Proper Breathing (Pranayama) – connects the body to the solar plexus, where tremendous potential energy is stored. Through specific breathing techniques this energy is released for physical and mental rejuvenation.
- Proper Relaxation (Savasan) – is a vital part of keeping the body and mind healthy.
Yoga teaches three levels of relaxation – physical, mental and spiritual.
- Proper Diet (Vegetarian) – is eating with awareness. A yogi takes food which has the most positive effect on the body and mind and the least negative effect on the environment.
- Positive Thinking and Meditation (Vedanta and Dhyana) -pir relieves stress and replenishes energy. Meditation is well-known to improve concentration and to bring peace of mind and situal strength. Meditation is beneficial for everyone, especially those with a hectic, stressful life.